Where poverty is prevalent, the weakest often become victims of violence. In our crisis centers, we provide a safe space for children and young people who have experienced psychological, physical or sexual violence.
When children in acute crises have to leave their families, they find refuge in a supervised residential group in our crisis centers. There they live in small groups and are cared for by a team of social workers, psychologists and educators. From the organization of everyday life to psychological support for the children, who often have traumatic experiences behind them, the team is there to help them.
The crisis centers of CONCORDIA Social Projects offer protection to children in equal measure, and look for ways to strengthen families to overcome their crisis. If the situation stabilizes, some children can return to their families of origin. If that is not possible, CONCORDIA offers them a variety of placements in addition to residential groups - depending on the child's needs.
Crisis centre in Bulgaria
Almost half of all children in Bulgaria have experienced some form of violence. For this reason, we run a crisis center in Sofia for children and young people who have been victims of violence. We currently care for up to twelve girls and boys under the age of 18 who have experienced various forms of violence in or outside the family.
Our crisis center is the only facility of its kind in the whole of Sofia. We offer them protection and professional support. Our focus is on psychological care, and in parallel there is also educational support and the opportunity to participate in art, cultural or sports activities.
Crisis centres in the Republic of Moldova
One out of three children is a victim of violence, abuse, neglect or human trafficking in the Republic of Moldova. Therefore, CONCORDIA Moldova is currently working through its own pilot project on intensive care for affected children and, on a case-by-case basis, their mothers, in order to protect and support them in overcoming trauma.
Thus, since the beginning of 2021, the following measures have been offered in CONCORDIA multifunctional centres in Cosăuți and Nisporeni as part of crisis intervention:
- Case management (initial report, assessment, benefit receipt, etc.) by CONCORDIA social workers. ) by CONCORDIA social workers
- Problem/trauma identification and elaboration of an individual work plan by the multidisciplinary CONCORDIA team
- Psychological diagnosis
- Preparation and monitoring of a rehabilitation and (re)integration plan
- Offer of preventive services through information, based on the reports and analyses prepared, in support of the (re)integration plan
- Integration of children and mothers into the family and community
- Collaboration with school psychologists and social workers for the (re)integration of the child into school services
- Referral to the relevant authorities and use of necessary social services by local authorities.
- The multifunctional centre in Cosăuți has space for two mothers and four children, the one in Nisporeni has rooms for eleven children.